Tuesday, November 03, 2015

STARTING A NEW BOOK

     Today is a wonderful evening to start reading a new book. My friend gave me a magnificent book to spend time with. "The Lord of the Rings" is not only an excellent novel, but aslo a memorable thing for me. 
     When I was a student of Poltava Pedagogical University I sometimes missed my double-periods. You see I am an awful "owl" and it is a great problem for me to get up early in the morning. Unfortunately, very often the first double-period (that started at 8:30 a.m.) was Eglish. My best frienf Vera had the same problem. It was a difficult struggle between our consciousness and desire to sleep! As I said sometimes desire to sleep won :( 
     Our teacher invented an interesting punishment for us. We had to make the translation of any English book. So it was "The Lord of the Rings" that helped us to keep the punishment.
      Today I take it with a breathtaking pleasure and the desire to fall in to it's mighty world!

2 comments:

  1. You will finish this book after a 8 years gap :) Waouh!
    Vera

    ReplyDelete